It has been way to long since I have done a post, so long that when I logged in they had all these changes. Now I have to learn how to do this all over again...LESLIE where are you :) I am more then a year behind so I think I'll start with whats going on now and randomly post events that made it to my long term memory.
For Izabelle, Indigo and Sophia the BIGGEST event recently was they got their own cell phones. For Rob and I this is a BIG step as we are not big fans of teens, kids and electronic devices. I despise texting and how the majority of kids see this as the only means of communication. It's also my pet peeve when I see kids hanging out with friends and all they do is text other people, I find it extremely rude and I feel bad for the fact that these kids can't live in the moment always distracted, therefore in my opinion not able to connect and develop meaningfully relationships. I could go on and on of all the ways I feel these devises are destroying our youth, but I'll spare everyone for now. So you might be thinking if you can't stand them so much why did we give in? Good question. This is not their first cell really, we have had one extra cell that was given to the girls on a as needed basis ( going to the movies with friends, staying after school or going to a birthday party) type reasons. This has worked fine, but with some big changes coming up like the twins entering High school, yes that's right you read it correctly they will be in HIGH SCHOOL and Sophia entering in Middle School, yep again Middle school. Our babies are growing up. So it was time to have three instead of one extra so that when they are spread out all over Hendersonville, we still have excess to communicate with them. So we have given into the mainstream, and I guess it will be just fine. As long as they don't turn into those kids hopefully we have drilled cell phone manners in deep enough. According to the girls, we do however have some pretty strict rules. One being when they are home the phones stay on a shelf in the kitchen and at night they stay on the shelf (it’s amazing to me that they will get texted at 2am on a school night, really what the heck). We have heard the argument that they need them for a alarm clock and we have heard many parents give this as a excuse too (we are kind of known for being the strict parents, which I think is hilarious) really alarm clock, so we went and bought these really ancient plug in the wall ones it's amazing how well they work. All I can say is keep us in your prayers :).

No comments:
Post a Comment